Supercrush studio is a multi faceted production company on an independent level based in Brooklyn, New York; San Juan, Puerto Rico and Buenos Aires, Argentina. On one hand we’re music promoters for artists we love, on the flip side we are storytellers.
As NYC residents and promoters, we’ve made a point to dedicate ourselves to look for and bring-out those new and interesting proposals, this city has to offer, in terms of art, music, film and new media. For this reason, we’ve created Supercrush Studio. The agency was born out of two friend’s passion for contemporary music and image storytelling. Through Supercrush Studio we’ve created a multi faceted Production Company who, as film producers and music promoters, strive to elevate the artists we admire. This is Supercrush.
Noteworthy: As part of Supercrush Studio, We’ve been able to work on various high-profile events for considerably notable names. Some noteworthy events would be:
- Supercrush Studio and SexMusic.com Music Showcase for the 2011 Northside Arts and Music Festival
- Latin Alternative Music Conference (LAMC) 3rd Year “Solo Dame Indie Pop!” Showcase, Headlined by a Latin-Grammy nominee (La Vida Boheme)
- Kill Screen Magazine’s Issue Release Party (With PUMA and Brooklyn Brewery)
- MoMA’s Poprally “Arcade” Installation (curated by Kill Screen Magazine)
- Rooftop Films Underground Video-Game Film Series (curated by Kill Screen Magazine)
- Kill Screen and CAPCOM’s “Fright Club” party at Santos’ Party house (For the release of CAPCOM’s new Resident Evil game)
- Supercrush Studio and TheSkyReport.com CMJ 2011 Showcase
- Supercrush Studio and TheSkyReport.com Music Showcase for the 2012 Northside Music Festival.
One of our main projects as Supercrush Studio is The Project Collective. The Project Collective is a start up collective that works with various charities to bring together people who enjoy art and music throughout Brooklyn and NYC. For our events, we partner-up with these local charities to do an arts and music showcase in their neighborhood, which proceeds all go to that charity. Our objective is to build stronger communities through art and music.
Solo Dame Indie Pop- Hosted and featuring DJ sets by DJ SON and Post Paint Boy, these parties focus on exposing Spanish/ Latin American indie pop acts to the world. Some bands we’ve worked with in the past include: Los Punsetes, Kordan, Cholo, Balún, and Banda de Turistas .
More to come soon!